Certificate IV in TESOL 10695NAT
Welcome to the world of Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL).
The Diploma of TESOL will take you beyond the fundamental elements of language teaching and give you advanced knowledge in skills areas such as Syllabus Design and Delivering Specialist English classes. Furthermore, with our observe and interact prac-teaching program, you’ll have all the experience you need to hit the ground running in your new career.
Delivery method: Distance learning + local Prac-teaching
Hours: Total nominal hours = 460* (Includes 20 hours prac)
Start dates: Weekly
The best of both worlds, our blended-learning model combines the convenience of online learning and practical teaching. As part for the Nationally Accredited Diploma of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) students are required to complete a minimum of 20 hours practical placement, which involves observation and a minimum of 10 hours practice teaching. Students can do more than 10 hours of supervised teaching and less observation, providing that a combined total of 20 hours is achieved. Our learning model allows you to complete the diploma course online at your own pace, while you build up real skills
‘Nominal Hours’ include any combination of in-class study, self study, preparation for assessment and Practice Teaching.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete:
- 9 Core Units
- 5 Specialisation Units
- 20 hours of practical placement (including a minimum of 10 hours practice teaching)
- TESACL401A Analyse culture and learning
- TESATE401A Analyse and teach English language
- TESTEG402A Teach English grammar
- TESTSP402A Teach spelling and pronunciation
- TESTSE402A Teach speaking
- TESTLE402A Teach listening
- TESTRE402A Teach reading
- TESTWE402A Teach writing
- TESDRF402A Develop resource files
- TESAMT501A - Apply approaches and methods in TESOL
- TESDES502A - Design ESL syllabus
- TESAEL502A - Assess ESL learning
- TESEAP502A - Teach English for academic purposes
- TESESP502A - Teach English for specific purposes
You need to have a sound level of ability in written and spoken English. Any of the following will be accepted as evidence;
- High School report results from year 12 level English or International equivalent
- Senior Certificate showing a sound achievement (or above) in English
- Completion of a tertiary level (Certificate III or higher qualification) Qualification (this must have been studied /completed in English)
- Letter of endorsement of very good English competency from an employer, for example, where workplace documents have been produced.
- If you are unable to provide evidence of English proficiency, please contact us to discuss what options are available. You may be asked to participate in an interview over the phone or face to face.
- Email and online support from expert and qualified TESOL Teachers
- Electronic TESOL text book (hard copy text books are also available for only $120)
- Online student learning resources
- 24/7 access to your Student Portal where you can download your learning resources and submit your assessments
Payment Plan Available
If you have difficulty paying the full cost of a course up front, you might be eligible for a payment plan. This will allow you to pay for your course in installments, rather than one upfront payment at the time of enrolment.
If you are unsure of what’s right for you, or just want someone to talk it over with, call us on 1300 558 890. We’re here to help.
Are you ready to Study online?
- checked you meet the entry requirements
- checked your course costs and know which payment option is right for you
- Read the student rules and refund policy
All done? Then you’re ready to enrol.