Certificate IV in TESOL 10695NAT
Want to teach?
Study your government-accredited Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). This Cert IV in TESOL is developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Develop your skills and experience in teaching spelling, grammar, pronunciation, reading and writing. This course is internationally recognised and can be used to help gain employment overseas. It can be completed at your own pace through our Distance Learning delivery mode with the support of highly qualified and experienced TESOL Teachers who will give you feedback on your work and support you through your studies.
The TEACH International Certificate IV in TESOL consists of the following:
- 9 Core Units studied through online, theory-based learning.
- 1 Elective Unit of online, theory-based learning. For more information on your options please Click Here
- 12 hours of face-to-face Observation and Practice Teaching; 6 hours of which must be Practice Teaching
The Communicative Method of language teaching is currently recognised as the most appropriate way of promoting students’ listening and speaking abilities and our graduates are specifically trained to provide optimum opportunities for interaction and communication in the classroom.
IMPORTANT: This course is 'Current' and IS NOT IN TEACH OUT
Download Info Pack
Enter your details below and you will be redirected to the infopack download
Delivery method: Distance learning + local Prac-teaching
Start dates: Weekly
Duration: Students have 12 months to complete this course. Extensions are available
The best of both worlds, our blended-learning model combines the convenience of online learning. As part of the Nationally Accredited Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) students are required to complete a minimum of 12 hours practical placement, which involves observation and a minimum of 6 hours practice teaching. Students can do more than 6 hours of supervised teaching and less observation, providing that a combined total of 12 hours is achieved. Our learning model allows you to complete the course online at your own pace, while you build up real skills.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete:
- 9 Core Units
- 1 Elective Unit
- 12 hours of practical placement (including a minimum of 6 hours practice teaching)
- TESCIE001 - Create a culturally inclusive learning environment
- TESGAE001 - Use the genre approach to teach English
- TESTEG001 - Teach English grammar
- TESTSP001 - Teach spelling and pronunciation
- TESTSE001 - Teach speaking
- TESTLE001 - Teach listening
- TESTRE001 - Teach reading
- TESTWE001 - Teach writing
- TESDRF001 - Develop resource files
- TESECL001 – Teach ESL to early childhood learners
- TESPSL001 – Teach ESL to primary school-aged learners
- TESTAL001 - Teach ESL to teenage learners
- TESMAD001 – Use music, art and drama in TESOL
- TESTEC001 – Use technology to assist ESL learning
- TESWWV001 – Work with volunteers in ESL contexts
- TESCBC001 – Establish community based English classes
You need to have a sound level of ability in written and spoken English. Any of the following will be accepted as evidence:
- High School report results from year 12 level English or International equivalent
- Senior Certificate showing a sound achievement (or above) in English
- Completion of a tertiary level (Certificate III or higher qualification) Qualification (this must have been studied /completed in English)
- Letter of endorsement of very good English competency from an employer, for example, where workplace documents have been produced.
- If you are unable to provide evidence of English proficiency, please contact us to discuss what options are available. You may be asked to participate in an interview over the phone or face to face.
- Email and online support from expert and qualified TESOL Teachers
- Electronic TESOL text book (hard copy text books are also available for only $120)
- Online student learning resources
- 24/7 access to your Student Portal where you can download your learning resources and submit your assessments
$1,795 ($200 to get started)
Payment Plans Available
If you have difficulty paying the full cost of a course up front, you might be eligible for a payment plan. This will allow you to pay for your course in installments, rather than one upfront payment at the time of enrolment.
If you are unsure of what’s right for you, or just want someone to talk it over with, call us on 1300 558 890. We’re here to help.
Are you ready to Study online?
- checked you meet the entry requirements
- checked your course costs and know which payment option is right for you
- Read the student rules and refund policy
All done? Then you’re ready to enrol.
- A desktop or laptop computer (Smart Phones will not be suitable)
- Internet Access and ability to browse and search the internet
- Microsoft WORD or a compatible software application
- Basic skills in using MS Word
- An email address and ability to receive and send email
- Access to a printer and scanner