Certificate IV in TESOL 10317NAT
Want to travel and teach
Study your government-accredited Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages). This Cert IV in TESOL is developed under the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Develop your skills and experience in teaching spelling, grammar, pronunciation, reading and writing. This course is internationally recognised and can be used to help gain employment overseas. It can be completed at your own pace through our Distance Learning delivery mode with the support of highly qualified and experienced TESOL Teachers who will give you feedback on your work and support you through your studies.
The TEACH International Certificate IV in TESOL is a nominal 252 hours of learning, comprising the following:
- 220 hours of online, theory-based learning of TESOL Core Units
- 20 hours of online, theory-based learning of a TESOL Elective Unit
- 12 hours of face-to-face Observation and Practice Teaching; 6 hours of which must be Practice Teaching
The Communicative Method of language teaching is currently recognised as the most appropriate way of promoting students’ listening and speaking abilities and our graduates are specifically trained to provide optimum opportunities for interaction and communication in the classroom.
IMPORTANT: This course is 'Current' and IS NOT IN TEACH OUT
Download Info Pack
Enter your details below and you will be redirected to the infopack download
Delivery method: Distance learning + local Prac-teaching
Hours: Total nominal hours = 252* (Includes 12 hours prac)
Start dates: Weekly
Duration: Students have 12 months to complete this course. Extensions are available
The best of both worlds, our blended-learning model combines the convenience of online learning. As part of the Nationally Accredited Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) students are required to complete a minimum of 12 hours practical placement, which involves observation and a minimum of 6 hours practice teaching. Students can do more than 6 hours of supervised teaching and less observation, providing that a combined total of 12 hours is achieved. Our learning model allows you to complete the course online at your own pace, while you build up real skills
‘Nominal Hours’ include any combination of in-class study, self study, preparation for assessment and Practice Teaching.
The successful achievement of this qualification requires you to complete:
- 9 Core Units
- 1 Elective Unit
- 12 hours of practical placement (including a minimum of 6 hours practice teaching)
- TESACL401A Analyse culture and learning
- TESATE401A Analyse and teach English language
- TESTEG402A Teach English grammar
- TESTSP402A Teach spelling and pronunciation
- TESTSE402A Teach speaking
- TESTLE402A Teach listening
- TESTRE402A Teach reading
- TESTWE402A Teach writing
- TESDRF402A Develop resource files
- TESECL403A Teach ESL to Early Childhood Learners
- TESPSL403A Teach ESL to Primary School Aged Learners
- TESTAL403A Teach ESL to Teenage Learners
- TESMAD403A Use Music, Art and Drama in TESOL
- TESTEC403A Use Technology to assist ESL Learners
- TESWWV403A Work with Volunteers in ESL Contexts
- TESCBC403A Establish Community Based English Classes
You need to have a sound level of ability in written and spoken English. Any of the following will be accepted as evidence:
- High School report results from year 12 level English or International equivalent
- Senior Certificate showing a sound achievement (or above) in English
- Completion of a tertiary level (Certificate III or higher qualification) Qualification (this must have been studied /completed in English)
- Letter of endorsement of very good English competency from an employer, for example, where workplace documents have been produced.
- Email and online support from expert and qualified TESOL Teachers
- TESOL text book (delivery costs apply for International shipping)
- Online student learning resources
- 24/7 access to your Student Portal where you can download your learning resources and submit your assessments
Payment Plan Available
If you have difficulty paying the full cost of a course up front, you might be eligible for a payment plan. This will allow you to pay for your course in installments, rather than one upfront payment at the time of enrolment.
If you are unsure of what’s right for you, or just want someone to talk it over with, call us on 1300 558 890. We’re here to help.
Are you ready to Study online?
- checked you meet the entry requirements
- checked your course costs and know which payment option is right for you
- Read the student rules and refund policy
All done? Then you’re ready to enrol.