120 Hour Certificate in TESOL
Want to become an English tutor?
Develop your skills and experience in tutoring English in reading, writing, pronunciation, and grammar. This course can be used to help gain employment as an English Tutor either online or overseas. It can be completed at your own pace through our Distance Learning delivery mode with the support of highly qualified and experienced TESOL Teachers (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) who will give you feedback on your work and support you through your studies.
The English International Certificate in TESOL is a nominal 120 hour of learning, comprising the following:
- 60 hours online theory Introduction to TESOL (Core)
- 20 hours Grammar (Core)
- 40 hours Your choice of two x 20 hour Specialty Electives
We use the Communicative Method of language teaching which is currently recognised as the most appropriate way of promoting students’ listening and speaking abilities and our graduates are specifically trained to provide optimum opportunities for interaction and communication with their students.
Delivery method: Online learning
Hours: Total hours = 120
Start dates: Weekly
Our learning model allows you to complete the course online at your own pace, while you build up real skills
The successful achievement of this Certificate in TESOL requires you to complete:
- 2 Core Units
- 2 Elective Units
The following is a breakdown of what is included in the 2 core units.
- The world of TESOL - schools, students and the EFL/ESL classroom
- Study of the English Language - Part 1
- Grammar Introduction Activities 1 to 4
- Grammar Introduction Activities 5 to 7
- Study of the English Language - Part 2
- Verb Tenses and Other Important Forms Activities 8 to 10
- Verb Tenses and Other Important Forms Activities 11 to 13
- Study of the English Language - Part 3
- Verb Tenses and Other Important Forms Activities 14 to 16
- Teaching and Learning of TESOL - First Steps
- Teaching and Learning of TESOL - Next Steps
- Making communication take place in the classroom
- More fun and games in the TESOL classroom
- Student Assessment and Specific Areas
- Enhancing Your Lessons - Teacher's Toolkit
- Lesson Planning Considerations
- Opportunities and the Job Search
ELECTIVE UNITS (any two) for descriptions click here
- Teaching Business English / TOEIC
- Teaching English to Children
- Teaching IELTS Preparation
- Teaching English to Adults
- Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
The purpose of this course is to prepare you to become and English Tutor or maybe even Teacher, so you will need to have a sound level of ability in written and spoken English.
This 120 hour course provides you with skills to become an English Tutor. It IS NOT a general English course.
- Email and online support from expert and qualified TESOL Teachers
- Online student learning resources
- 24/7 access to your Student Portal where you can download your learning resources and submit your assessment